fanSHEN uses theatre to help people imagine what they haven't thought of yet.
Our work promotes ideas of environmental, social and financial sustain-agility and these ideas are embedded in the making-process.
- make internationally-influenced visual theatre with superb acting, distinctive aesthetics and eloquent movement
- celebrate the principle of 'stronger together': collaboration with the right people can give our combined work greater and wider impact
- subvert the spectator's conventionally passive role, from creating platforms for audience talkback to inviting their physical involvement in our shows
- seek communities whose existing interests overlap with the stories we tell and invite them to become new audiences
- believe that no space should be safe from theatre and that new environments inspire new relationships and exciting discoveries
- create long-term dialogue with people and places who inspire us.